Scott has over 25 years experience in building successful businesses in a variety of industries including: Direct Response Agency (HackerAgency & Brand Digital), Marketing Automation Software (Optify.net), e-Commerce (Amazon.com), Online Subscription Generation (Rhapsody – RealNetworks), Digital Marketing (Avenue A & Brand Digital, Inc.), Online Games (WON.net), Consumer Entertainment Software (Sierra) and Recycling/Solid Waste Management (Rabanco Recycling).
“The thing I like about Scott and Brand Digital is they understand the connection between marketing and technology on the web. They have meetings with my IT folks and I don’t have to be there because they know the issues and can talk through resolutions.”
Tom Kelley, CMO/VP Photoworks.com
A Short List of Things Scott has Done
- Helped transition HackerGroup from a traditional direct response agency to HackerAgency – an integrated direct response agency with a high digital marketing capability.
- Led the customer engagement efforts for Optify.net – a Madrona backed startup focused on organic customer acquisition, lead conversion, visitor intelligence and marketing automation.
- Partnered with a dozen premium domain owners to build high value web properties on their domain including: Careers.org, Tanning.com and WiFi.com
- Built the Paid Search Program at RealNetworks into one of the top spending and most complex campaigns in the entertainment vertical at Google and Yahoo! Search.
- Designed, executed & analyzed over 35 cross-selling tests while driving the on-site marketing of the Apparel channel launch on Amazon.com.
- Launched the Customer Insight Group, Vital Signs Web Analytics product and Atlas Institute at Avenue A.
- Created and launched the online gaming portal for the largest (at that time) publisher of PC Games called the World Opponent Network. Built WON.net into a top 400 site.
- Completely restored two old homes, raising two kids, climbed Mount Rainer and acquired a ’68 SS Camaro .
- Helped turn largest Transfer Station/Material Reclamation Facility (MRF) in Seattle from a money losing business unit into a profitable business unit serving as a processing model for facilities throughout the Western United States.
“Scott has been an amazing help to my small business. The website is 10 times better and leads are up as a direct result.”
Darren Billings, President/Founder Atlas-Inspection
Scott leads a small team of digital marketing experts who want to help small & mid-sized businesses succeed on the internet. We are extremely flexible and can plug-in to most situations. We want to help you while learning more about your business and improving our craft. We’re not perfect, but we work hard, care and have a sense of humor.